A winter salad this week to cheer us all up! If you have a few nuts & bit of blue cheese languishing around this fresh, crunchy salad will see them off and tastes wonderful. Trickle over the vinaigrette, it adds a bit of extra lux to the dish.
- 1 head of lettuce chopped up or use as individual small leaves. Option to mix with other mixed leaves such as watercress or chicory
- 2 pears - cored and sliced
- 125g of blue cheese crumbled - stilton, roquefort or gorgonzola
- nuts, a handful (walnuts, pecans or toasted hazelnuts)
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- Vinaigrette dressing - mix 3 tbs of olive oil with 1 tbs of white wine vinegar, 1 tsp of dijon mustard, seasoning!