Little elegant savoury parsnip bites - these are nice to serve at parties or celebrations or simply as a Friday night snack!
3 medium parsnips - cleaned and cut into small batons
1 tbs of runny honey
1 tbs of olive oil
320g pack of ready made puff pastry
50g of parmesan cheese or similar
1 beaten egg for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare the parsnips by cutting them into thin batons
- Tumble the batons onto a baking sheet and drizzle with the honey and olive oil
- Roast for 10 minutes (or until tender) and then set aside to cool
- Roll out the pastry thinly onto a lightly floured surface to the shape of a large rectangle
- Divide the pastry into thirds (cutting lines from top to bottom).
- Place the parsnips horizontally up and down the pastry around 3-4 cm apart
- Sprinkle each one with a little parmesan
- Roll each baton into the pastry and then cut and seal with egg, pinching each end of the finger
- Brush each parsnip baton with egg and then sprinkle with sesame seeds
- They are now ready to bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until brown and crispy!