A delicious, creamy winter warmer. easy to make if you are dealing with a ridiculously busy week!
A typical no-fuss yet indulgent mid-week dinner by Nigella Lawson from her book Simply Nigella.
450g mushrooms - halved
2 medium onions - chopped finely
150 ml vegetable stock
1 teaspoon french mustard
1 teaspoon tomato puree
½ lemon juice
150 ml sour cream
- First melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and mushrooms and fry over a moderate heat for ten minutes.
- Next, stir in the teaspoon of tomato puree, mustard, stock and gently bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the lemon juice and sour cream.
- Heat through gently... don't allow the mixture to boil
- Ready to serve and goes perfectly well with rice quinoa or some nice crusty bread.